It has been a privilege to lead the Pepsi-Cola Bottlers Association since May of 2013. The role the PCBA plays is unique in that we work with franchise bottlers who have built direct-store-delivery businesses that are now 50 to 100 years old – and we work with the world’s most recognized Trademarks. It is also imperative that we continually pivot to address the changing needs and shifting priorities of our members based on consumer, market, trade and legislation demands.
In our mission to protect Bottler rights and build Bottler equity, the PCBA is engaged in negotiations and ideation sessions with our partners PepsiCo and the Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company/Americas. PCBA Vault, a wholly-owned for-profit subsidiary of the PCBA, is engaged in sourcing solutions from top quartile service providers that can help bottlers reduce costs, reduce risks and improve efficiencies by leveraging their collective buying power and benchmarking best practices.
To deliver on our promise to provide sustainable value to our members, the PCBA has six goals:
- Listen first to ensure we address and promote the best interests of the Bottlers
- Introduce products, services, ideas and best practices that improve efficiencies, effectiveness and financial returns of the Bottlers
- Lead engagements with PepsiCo and PBC senior leaders to negotiate contracts and contribute to the ideation process that will protect Bottlers rights and build Bottlers’ equity
- Build the PCBA financial reserves through programs, investments and conservative spending
- Organize and disseminate actionable information relevant to the Bottlers to keep members current on industry, competitive, legislative, trade and supply chain trends
- Organize and support educational programming that will benefit Bottlers’ IT systems and operating capabilities
PCBA Vault offers an array of leading-edge programs such as Multiple Employer Plans to reduce fees and risk associated with managing 401(k) programs, and Captive Insurance programs proven to reduce cost, risk and complexity associated with General Liability, Workman’s Compensation and Fleet programs. PCBA Vault also offers hedging, workplace safety, training and cyber security programs, as well as a health care exchange and IT solutions.
We continue to serve as a highly regarded communication hub for the exchange of ideas and information across the franchise bottling system, and I look forward to working together to build upon the successful track record of the PCBA.